For information about the 2025-26 cohort and call for applications open to refugee students residing in Kenya or Jordan, click here.
Program Information and Eligibility Criteria
Deadline to Apply
Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis. The application period will close on October 31, 2023. Applications will not be accepted after this time.
- Be currently living in Kenya (Kakuma, Dadaab, Urban areas)
- Already be referred for resettlement to the United States
- Applicants are required to provide their RSC Africa file number in the online application form
- Be between 18-24 years old.
- Born between January 1st, 1999 and December 31st, 2005
- Have completed secondary school and be in possession of hard copies of the original secondary school certificates at the time of application
- Minimum grade to apply to the program is C (KCSE graduates) or equivalent
- Be competent in oral and written English
- Note: a pre-screening English test will be required during the shortlisting process
- Be single (unmarried) with no children
- Be facing barriers to accessing or completing undergraduate post-secondary education
- Be self-reliant, mature and suitable for integration in the United States as an individual
How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted online. Please contact the email address below if you need support to access an internet-enabled computer lab to complete the online application form.
Further Instructions for the Application Process
- Please closely verify the eligibility requirements and the required documents requested in the application form.
- The following documents will be required as attachments to your application, they need to be clearly legible electronic (soft copy) files, saved as JPEG or PDF format.
- UNHCR proof of registration
- Refugee alien card
- High School Certificate
- An electronic (soft) copy of your academic documents is required for your online application. In order for your application to be shortlisted, Welcome Campus will require that applicants are in possession of the hard copy and official/original secondary education document
- Graduates of the 2022 academic year in Kenya, are allowed to submit their applications without the original secondary school certificate (KCSE), but they must attach their results slip in the application. Their original secondary school certificate is required to be submitted before the final selection decision is made .
- Ensure you answer all questions fully and honestly. Incomplete applications will not be shortlisted.
- Changes cannot be made to a submitted application. If you make a mistake in your online application, you must submit a *new FULL* application before the application deadline. In cases where an applicant submits multiple applications, we will only consider the details in your most recent application.
Thank you for your interest in Welcome Corps on Campus. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are not able to respond to individual questions about the status of your application.
For further instructions and support on how to apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safeguarding the Integrity of the Welcome Corps on Campus
- WCC has no application fees and applicants are not required to provide payment at any stage of the application, shortlisting or selection process.
- Applicants are expected to present WCC with honest and consistent information and documentation during the application and interview process.
- WCC has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the submission of false identification or academic documents. Applicants who misrepresent any information or falsify their documentation to be eligible for Welcome Campus will be removed and/or permanently banned from future consideration.
If you experience or witness any integrity concerns during the application, shortlisting or selection process, please report this to (email@example.com).