Updated: November 21, 2023
The information on this website is provided as resource and is not to be construed in whole or in part as the official position of any of our partners, the United States’ State Department or any other official departments or entities representative of the United States’ government, state, or local municipality. The Welcome Corps does not any accept liability for the information, or any work, derived from this website. In no event may the Welcome Corps be liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use, of data, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website and application.
- Organization (referred to as either “the Company”, “Organization”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Community Sponsorship Hub, 369 Lexington Ave. Suite 325 | New York, NY, 10017
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to the United States of America and its legal territories.
- Device means any device that can access the Welcome Corps, such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Site and/or Website refers to the website, welcomecorps.org, associated subdomains, and application portal(s), including the information presented on these websites unless explicitly indicated to belong to a third-party
- (The) Welcome Corps Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Welcome Corps and Community Sponsorship Hub. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed to facilitate the Welcome Corps or to assist in analyzing how the Welcome Corps is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated using the Welcome Corps or from the Welcome Corps infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to the Welcome Corps, accessible from welcomecorps.org.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Welcome Corps or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Welcome Corps, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While engaging with the Welcome Corps, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address(es)
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
You may also be asked to upload materials as part of your application that may be used in its evaluation.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Welcome Corps.
Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Welcome Corps that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Welcome Corps by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the I.P. address of your mobile device, device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Welcome Corps or when you access the Welcome Corps by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of the Welcome Corps and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Organization, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
- Certain information from the application system may be collected anonymously for research purposes to improve the Welcome Corps. This may be in the form of a survey. This information is collected after submission to participate in the Welcome Corps.
- You may revoke your consent to participate in this research by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. Use the subject line “Revoking consent for research studies”.
Use of Your Personal Data
This information may be shared by the United States government in accordance with the State Department’s Systems of Records Notice 59 and Prefatory Statement of Routine Uses and in alignment with the State Department Privacy Act Statement.
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain activities of the Welcome Corps, including monitoring the usage of the Welcome Corps.
- To contact you: To contact you by e-mail, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, where necessary.
- To provide you with news and general information about the Welcome Corps that you may opt to receive.
- To manage your requests and applications: To manage, evaluate, and adjudicate your requests and applications.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our campaigns, and evaluating and improving Welcome Corps and your experience.
We may share your information in the following situations:
- With the Welcome Corps’ Providers: We may share your personal information with Welcome Corps providers to monitor and analyze the use of the Welcome Corps activities to contact you.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Welcome Corps, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at our operating sites and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect and defend the rights or responsibilities of Welcome Corps and Community Sponsorship Hub
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with Welcome Corps.
- Protect the personal safety of Welcome Corps or the public.
- Protect against legal liability.
Links to Other Websites